Monday Things

June 8, 2015

1. It's National Best Friends Day! So send your bestie(s) an e-mail, or a text message, or give them a call, or mail them a card, or a letter (snail mail is pretty much the best thing ever) letting them know how awesome they are and how much you love them! And check out 13 reasons a bestie is irreplaceable -- so very true.



Love you, ladies! ♥

2. The Next Food Network Star is finally back. Yesssss. It's still early in the competition, but I think my favorites are Michelle and Jay. They both seem genuine, have point-of-views that are interesting, and delicious sounding (and looking) food. I'm also pulling for Rue -- I think her background is really unique and she can bring something totally new to the stage. That Mozambique stew she made sounded ah-mazing (minus the peanuts because I can't eat peanuts. But for those who are peanut-eaters, I'm sure it was delicious). But, she's got to work on her camera presence and how to describe herself and her food. "Aggressively charming" -- what what? What does that even mean? Come on, Rue! I'm rue-ting for you! (Har, har)

And then there's Matthew. I think B. Flay summed it up best when he said, "Hashtag? More like WTF." That's pretty much all that can be said.

3. Can I just say how much I love Emily Henderson? She is one of my favorite designers, hands down. Her style is amazing, she's super down to earth and hilarious. One of her recent posts, 12 annoying things I ignore every day, is a must-read. Keeping it real, girl!

4. I've been kind of obsessed lately with putting kale and radish slices on my turkey sandwiches.

5. One of the highlights of my day yesterday was when parents were coming to pick up their little kids from summer Sunday School, and I told one of the girls that it was very nice to meet her when her nana came to get her. And she said to me, "It was very nice to meet you too. I hope that we see each other again!" Adorbs.

I hope you all have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground